Monday, April 13, 2009

Breasts and Buttons

That got your attention didn't it! Ha-Ha. Now you may wonder what the two have in common...in my world a lot!
A couple weeks ago I stopped breastfeeding. It was so much harder on me then I ever thought it would be to stop. But Abi was ready and my body stopped cooperating. I loved the time that Abi and I spent together and that it was something only for her and I. I am sure all the hormonal changes had something to do with how hard it was on me to stop but now that I have....

I CAN WEAR SHIRTS WITH BUTTONS!!!! Why you may ask am I screaming this? Well seeing as how God had already "blessed" me (and blessed is in quotes cause that is very subjective!) in the chest department...adding breastfeeding into the mix and lets just say my fashion choices were VERY limited. I am very happy now to be able to expand my wardrobe to shirts with buttons now and feel revived in my quest to get rid of all my "excess baggage"! I lost all my pregnancy weight very fast...now it's just all the other no excuse weight I need to get ride of, and I will. I want to be healthy for my daughter and give her a positive role model. I will do this. I will. I know it and I have never had the desire I have now to do it. I am excited about it, as silly as that sounds. I feel for the first time I am in a positive mind about being healthy and losing the weight for good reasons. It's not about a size or a number on the scale. Honestly I don't care about that and that makes me feel good. I just want to be healthy. Something I don't feel I am now and I don't want that for me or for my family. So watch out...things are changing! :)

No comments: