I had the BEST weekend! First my sister came to visit and we had a lot of fun. Second, we got to tell lots of people! :) First my mom and as I suspected she cried. Then when my sister arrived Saturday night when I saw her I said "welcome to Portland Auntie Heather". She just looked at me really confused. I just kept staring at her and smiling and then she got it, followed by "Really? Oh my God! Oh my God!" and lots of hugging. :) When we got back to our house we called my brother in law Rob and I got to tell him. I was shocked how excited he was for us, it made me feel so good. I love how happy everyone is for us. Saturday morning we called my sisters kids and my niece was very excited and asked if it was a boy or a girl. I told her it is still to early, but that uncle Sean keeps calling the baby the triplets. I told her the baby is only the size of a poppy seed (sesame seed now!). Then I finally got a hold of my brother and he was shocked and so happy! My sister in law I could hear her scream. She told their kids and our oldest nephew CJ replied (Alright! we are going to Portland!) haha and our niece Ryan said she already knew that grandma (my mom) told her weeks ago (she has a vivid imagination!!)
After my sister left on Sunday we got to tell another person in person, Sue, Sean's mom. She literally started to jump up and down and asked when the first time she can babysit is. HAHA! We swore her to secrecy till we can tell Sean's Grandpa and his brother in person. Sean has decided he wants to tell as many people in person as we can.
Sean left for the rest of the week today, and it made me realize all he's been doing for me. I was getting very accustomed to being pampered :). I bought him this book for expecting fathers. I guess he read some today on the plane and called to tell me, 1)I am not allowed to dye my hair (I told him I am asking our doctor, I have roots and a wedding I am in a week) 2) that this is the most important time for the baby's brain is developing so I need to eat lots of protein (when I told him I am trying but it's hard cause I am so sick he replied the book suggests eating every 2 hours and small meals.) And lastly, that he thinks I am going to regret giving him his book. HAHA! I told him never cause I like how involved he wants to be.
Oh one more exciting thing then I am off to bed...we have our first OB apt. Oct 29th and I will be 10 weeks. Luckily we have a 10 day vacation to keep me occupied between now and then :0)
Love, Rach
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment