As most know our angel has arrived! Abigail Moira Cooney was born at 6:32 on 5/12/08 weighting 8lbs 2oz and 20 inches long. We were admitted at 11:30 on Mother's Day 5/11 due to my water leaking. It was a slow progressing labor and 2 1/2 hrs of pushing but every bit worth it!
Unfortunately everything was not without complications. Everyone is healthy now but I came down with a spinal headache from the epidural that lasted about a week and a half and kept me mostly lying down. And our sweet Abi has jaundice. She is doing much better now but it did require us having to be readmitted to the hospital a day and half after we left. We also had to have her under a special blanket for it once we were home for a couple days. It was not fun having her confined to a machine and not being able to hold her but we knew it was for the best.
Now we are working on her weight. She lost over 10% of her birth weight and is still about 5 oz shy of it. We go back to the dr. on Tuesday the 3rd of June to see if she is back up to 8lbs 2oz and if not it's time to supplement. We are hoping that is not necessary.
But our little girl couldn't be more of a joy. Fortunately Sean was able to take 2 weeks off. I feel somewhat cheated between my headache and her jaundice the first week and a half is a total blur. But he was a life saver! I seriously could not have gotten through any of this without him. Abi and I miss him now that he is back in the real world working. But while I am on maternity leave we are going to try and meet daddy for lunch once a week :).
Sue kept us nourished the first two weeks and now my mom is here and helping out. We are very fortunate.
Abigail has had some outings. We have run errands, and went out to lunch and dinner with her Nana Sue and Pete. (we don't count dr. apts as outings for they were no fun!) Above is a picture of our family ;) that was taken on Saturday, May 24th. It was a beautiful day.
I promise to try and keep this updated with our new life as parents. I still can't believe it! Sean and I have created the most perfect being and we love her with our whole hearts. It truly is a feeling that cannot be explained, only experienced.
Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers.
Until next time,
Rachel

No comments:
Post a Comment