Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Success!!!

Hello All,
Our little Abi is 3 weeks old now. We went yet again back to the Dr. for a weight check. Her Dr. gave us till she was 3 weeks old to get her back up to birth weight before she'd worry. Abi was born weighting 8 lbs 2 oz. Her lowest weight check was 7 lbs 3 oz, almost a whole pound! They don't like babies to loose more then 10% of their birth weight. I am proud to say that she weighed in at 8 lbs 3 oz today. When the nurse told me her weight I literally threw my arms up in the air and proclaimed "YES!" I told Abi to enjoy it, this is the only time everyone around her will be praying for her to gain weight. Best of all we don't have to go back to the Dr. now till her 2 month check up, a whole 5 weeks without Dr.'s! YEAH!!!!
She is becoming more and more alert. She has awake periods now. We pulled out her activity mat the other day and boy does she like it! It is so incredible to watch her look all around and take everything in. Sean and I are having so much fun with her.
Hope all is well with all of you...until next time, take care.

-Rachel

No comments: