Thursday, January 22, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Since having Abi I have relished all the small things she does that give us big smiles...the simple pleasures life gives us everyday. Abigail has started to play "where is Abi" with us. We have always played with her but now she has started to initiates it. Usually it in tails her sitting down and bending over hiding her face till we say "where's Abi" and then she pops up with this huge gummy toothless grin and we say "there she is" and she laughs. I don't know why but it makes me so happy every time. Well today she was my shopping partner again and I must not have been paying enough attention to her for she screeched at me. When I looked down she quickly grabbed her blanket and hid under it. She stayed like that and I realize she wanted to play. So in the middle of Target I asked, "wheres Abi?" and she put down the blanket and gave me that great big gummy grin and we both started to laugh. So as I placed soap, deodorant, and all my other glamorise Target purchases in the basket we continued our game. Some strangers participated here and there which Abi got a kick out of. It is amazing how your child can turn a mundane activity as errand running into a fun game where your heart swells and a smile spreads.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Isn't that the truth!! They just make everyday life so much better than we could have imagined before, don't they?

aprilg said...

So cute! I teared up reading this just knowing how wonderful that must make you feel.