I LOVE the holidays! :) Sean arrived home from Fresno, CA (for work) last night, Friday Nov. 30th) to lovely 33 degree weather and a chance of snow for the weekend. It was funny. Wednesday I had a very "unpregnant" feeling day. My clothes were loose, and no bump to see. Oddly it made me sad. Well apparently my body was just gearing up cause I woke up Thursday and was like "Holy Cow! Where did this belly come from. My "comfy" pants weren't so comfy and unfortunately my maternity clothes have yet to arrive. So back to Friday night, Sean walks in from his trip and we hug and I walk over to get his dinner and he goes "WOW babe you look really pregnant, it's cute". (see why I married him, smart man :) I told him I know, just the last two days all of a sudden...BELLY! :)
So today, Saturday Dec 1st we embarked on the great tree hunt. This is Oregon after all, and trees are aplenty! Our friends told us about a place they go that they also sell apple donuts. If you know me, I miss my Apple Hill in CA, to the point I almost made a plea out to my mom, sister, or Julie to drive on up there (just 30 min from where my family lives in CA) and ship me some apple donuts. So I was sold on this new tree place the second I heard apple donuts :) We got there and guess what... IT WAS SNOWING!!!!! I was so excited! So we walked all around eating our warm apple donuts looking for our perfect tree. Let me explain something to those that might not have grown up with me. My family is CRAZY when it comes to Christmas. I grew up with 15-20 ft trees. They didn't always stay up so sometimes my dad had to improvise and tie a rope around the tree then tie the rope to the outside of the house. This large tree obsession has been passed on to my brother...sadly for my sister in law. See while Patrick wants and NEEDS the large tree...he has no idea what to do with it once it's in the house so it's Julies joy to put lights on their extremely large tree. Heather I think has somewhat the itch for a large tree...but doesn't want to decorate it so they get beautiful 6-8 foot trees. Sean and I usually get around a 6-8 foot also...but even he knows the days of "small" trees are numbered once we found out I was pregnant. I tried to sell him today on a GREAT 12 foot tree to ease him into "the right kind of tree". His "no" always comes from the same place...our wallet. LOL The difference between &50 bucks for a 7ft tree, or $140 for a 12ft is just not worth it to him. But I am breaking him down.
We finally found our perfect tree. It is about 7ft tall and SMELLS like heaven. So I left extremely happy, I had warm apple donuts...yummm....it SNOWED...and we got our tree. So far a great day :)
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment