GIRL!!!! Happy New Year to all. Sean and I found out on the 31st that we are expecting a little girl (most likely, the lady did say little girls like to make liars out of the technicians). We are so excited, especially Sean cause now he gets to say he was right (he's said girl all along while I thought boy). We promptly called our families then hit the mall! :) I told you I have been dying to do some gender specific shopping. We didn't go crazy just a couple things but it was so much fun to know what to look at now. Her name will be Abigail (not sure on the spelling yet as we are also debating the Irish form of it). And Abigail is measuring well at about ten ounces and a very large head just like her mommy haha. The tech moved up her due date by one whole day (heehee) to May 25th. But it was amazing to see her yesterday. They had a 4d scan which shows such a clear image. She had her hand balled up next to her check moving her lips around. It was too cute! The only one who wasn't too excited yesterday was Kearney (0ur dog) The second she saw the little clothes she went into depression mode knowing her time at the top is quickly coming to an end.
When we called my sisters family our oldest niece was thrilled that another girl is on the way ( so far on my side the score is 4 boys to 2 girls). When we called my brothers family I had promised our oldest nephew he'd be the first to know. He wasn't very excited with the prospect of a girl cousin and asked if there was a way I could change it before the baby comes out HAHAHA I told him no, sorry.
Now the pressure is on for Sean. We had bedding picked out for a boy but picky daddy hasn't liked any girl bedding. So I had told him if baby cooney is a girl it was all on him to find her bedding. I think we might have better luck doing more gender neutral bedding and adding more feminine accessories. We shall see what he picks.
Again, I hope all of you have had wonderful holidays and that 2008 will be wonderful for you and yours.
Always,
Rach
PS: The dress her daddy picked out for her yesterday, it has a crown on the left side (heehee) Sean said he's not ready for all that comes with a girl and now understands our brother in law Rob :)

No comments:
Post a Comment