Say hello to the newest employee of Macy's. Some unfortunate news in the Cooney household...last Friday Sean was laid off from his job. This came as a total shock to us.
So we are facing some hard times with some hard choices. While Sean feverishly looks for a new job I thought it was high time I step up and help out. I LOVE being home with Abigail but we need a home and that requires some money. In the economy that we are in now the pickings are slim. Throw in that I still need to be around to care for Abigail so Sean can job hunt and interview. I applied at Macy's and was quickly hired. I will be helping with there merchandising. Really I am not sure what I will be doing. All I know is the hours work for us, either nights or mornings at 5am (ugh that means waking at 3:45 to pump) and that I will be bringing in some money. I asked today when I went to fill out all my paperwork where I could pump since I am still nursing (at least Abi's food is free) :) They told me I can pump in this one back office but the lock doesn't always work so I should make a sign to put up saying, "Pumping in progress please do not enter". Ha-ha. Seriously? Yes they were serious...that should be interesting.
We are lucky though. We have each other and while it's not the best time for this to happen, it is something I know we will survive and come through stronger.
To lighten things up I have a funny story. When I went in to interview with Macy's I was sitting waiting for the manager and I heard behind me someone ask another lady if she was Rachel. She said no but that she had heard someone refer to the lady over there (me) as Rachel. All of a sudden two women approach and ask if I am Rachel. I replied yes and they introduce themselves and said they had to show me their badges. All of a sudden they both open FBI badges. I was totally confused. They asked if there was somewhere private we could talk. I stuttered yes and just kept thinking, "how did they know I was here and what the heck did I do". They asked where we could go to talk and I said I didn't know for I didn't work there. One lady asked if the room behind us was the break room. I again replied that I didn't work there. Then the other lady looks at me and says, "are you Rachel Clark?" I said, "NO!". They apologized and said they had the wrong Rachel and walked away. Another girl waiting to be interviewed asked if I was okay and said she never saw someone get so pale before. It freaked me out so bad, but is funny now :)
I want to thank all of our family and friends for their kind words and for looking for any openings out there for us. Your support means the world to us. Also thank you to our friends Amber and Marc. Sean and I were going to do a solo Thanksgiving this year. After this though we wanted some company and cheer and our friends were kind enough to take us in for the holiday. Abi is VERY excited to be spending her first Thanksgiving with her friend Jensen. Hopefully Jensen can teach Abi better table manors as our little picky eater enjoys doing raspberries with a mouthful of food! Sean said we need to have a serious chat with our niece Ryan, who is the one that taught raspberries to Abi.
I hope all of you are doing well and have safe travels for those that are visiting loved ones this holiday.
-Rachel
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment