Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

As all of you know, Rachel has been the main contributor to Abi's fabulous blog, keeping you all up to date on the happenings of the Cooney Clan up in the rainy Northwest. But now that technology has become involved, it is time that I step up to the plate and make a contribution to the story of Abi's life.

As all of you know, this is Abi's first Thanksgiving, so we took a video this morning (no comments about the lighting. It was rushed and I am no George Lucas) to remember the day and share her excitement with family and friends.



We had a fun time over at Abi's friend, Jensen's, house for a Thanksgiving feast with lots of delicious food and entertaining company. Abi was having so much fun she refused to nap but enjoyed herself immensely. She was asleep not even two minutes after getting in the truck to head home, exhausted from her day of fun. Rachel, Abi, and I are very fortunate to have such great friends as Marc, Amber, and Jensen who invited us to partake in their family's holiday.

If you have made it this far into the post, you will have decided for yourself that Rachel is the writer in the family. So I will leave sharing the colorful and descriptive highlights of our lives to the talented ones.

But before I go, we wanted to pass on a Happy Thanksgiving to all of our family and friends and hope that you enjoyed spending time with someone that is just as special as Abi and Rachel are to me.

Also, Abi will be resting up tomorrow in preparation for cheering her Ducks on to victory during the 112th Civil War match up on Saturday. She is not interested in people who would rather see the lowly Beavers make it to the Rose Bowl over USC for two key reasons. And I am so proud because she came up with these theories on her own. 1) We have already seen the Oregon State vs Penn State match up so we know what the outcome will be and we all know that will not be pretty. 2) It is bad enough to listen about Oregon State's baseball team all of the time and she does not want to listen to Beaver fans talk about a 3 loss team making it to the Rose Bowl like they actually deserve it because of one good half of football against USC. I always knew our little girl was a huge duck fan but this impressive.


No comments: