Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sad Tonight

Unable to unwind from work I decided to poke around at blogs tonight...big mistake. I came across a blog of a family with a little girl just a couple months older then Abi. It turns out last month they discovered she had liver cancer. By the time they discovered it, it was stage 4 and had spread throughout her body. This poor little girls has undergone countless surgeries and chemo for the last month. She lost her battle on Sunday. This make me so incredibly sad. I don't know these people but my heart seriously aches for them. I think of my beautiful girl asleep on the other side of this wall and I want to run in a pick her up and never let go. I have always seen myself as someone who is very spiritual but I cannot understand why such a little girl had to go through something so horrid. I am sorry for the downer of a post. I hope all of Abi's little friends are doing well and ask that their mommies and daddies give them an extra tight hug today from Abi and I. No one should ever have to go through something like what this family is dealing with and I pray for them and their sweet little girl.
If you wish to read about her, here is the link to their blog.
http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/

Until next time...a VERY thankful, Rachel

1 comment:

Jen said...

I can't even imagine what they are going through...

My best friend, Tara, lost her younger brother, Adrian, to liver cancer just 3 weeks after I lost my brother. She and her family have started a foundation to raise liver cancer awareness and raise $$ for research. They're doing great things! The foundation is called Answer to Cancer. You could check out their website & pass it on to the little baby's family if you think it would be appropriate. And then in the summer you, Sean, and Abi can join us at the A2C 4k run/walk in McMinnville! :)

http://www.answertocancer.org/

(((hugs)))