Friday, February 27, 2009

Note to self...

I will not buy anti fungal cream at New Seasons again. Our poor girl has a yeast infection...I am sure she'd LOVE me blogging about that but heck she's 9 months old what she doesn't know doesn't hurt me :)
She has had it for awhile. We actually thought it was a diaper rash at first. At her 9month well baby her dr. said it was minor and just to see if it would go away on it's own but if it didn't or got worse to put Lotrimin of all things on it. Lotrimin for those that don't know is for athletes foot. She said it works just as good as any prescription but cheaper. Heck I am all for cheaper, especially now! So unfortunately it was getting a little worse so the little miss and I went off food shopping and to pick up her anti fungal cream ;). I LOVE New Seasons, if we could swing it, it's the only place I'd shop I think. But some of the people that work there are a little too "granola" for my taste. So the lady that works back by all the first aid and holistic stuff asked if I needed help and I told her I was looking for Lotrimin. She found it for me and handed it to me and proceeded to tell me a better way to treat my athletes foot. I said, "oh no I don't have that, my daughter has a yeast infection and her dr. said to use this." The lady then had this look on her face like I just said I was going to kill Abi and grabbed the Lotrimin out of my hands and said "I don't think so." "Pardon me?" was my very polite reply. The lady proceeded to tell me how I could more naturally take care of my daughter by washing her down with a warm cloth after every changing and try butt paste. I explained that we had already done that and that this is what her dr. recommended next and I really don't think she'd recommend something that wasn't okay for Abi. Miss High Horse then said "there are a lot of things dr.'s would tell me to do that I would NEVER actually do." Again, very nicely I said, "that's good for you and this is good for us" and reached down and grabbed a new box of Lotrimin and happily carted away.
Unfortunately when I went to check out Miss High Horse was up front talking to one of her checker friends and saw me and nodded her head my way and her friend turned around as if to say "oh that's her????" So somehow I felt ashamed and left my wonderful New Seasons with my head hung....note to self, NEVER buy Lotrimin again from New Seasons...lesson learned!!!

2 comments:

PDXTwins said...

OMG, that's crazy. I can't believe someone at New Seasons acted like that. I'm glad you stood up to her, and I hope Abi is feeling better soon.

Jen said...

UNBELIEVABLE!!! I am so glad you snatched it back out of her hand and told her to shut it! I'd be firing off an email to the store manager in a hurry too - that woman has no business giving out medical advice - that could be downright dangerous if her "advice" reached someone who isn't a strong as you are!

BTW, Emma has had a few of those nasty diaper area yeast infections - the first one was really bad, but started to go away pretty quickly with the lotrimin. Our dr had us put cortizone cream on it too until the redness subsided to give her immediate relief. Gee, all of those "chemicals" on my baby's tushie and she didn't even grow a third arm or anything! Amazing that western medicine worked!! ;)