Monday, March 24, 2008

Money Pit / & 31 wk dr. apt

Money Pit, usually this term is used to describe ones home, not for us, this is our new nickname for our lovely dog Kearney. Why you may ask. Kearney has always been one to frequent the vet be it her dry skin issue as a puppy, the constant infections in her left ear, or the tick she had on her eyelid just a couple weeks ago. Just in this last month Sean and I have spent over $400 in vet bills on our "princess". First she had an eye infection, then the aforementioned tick, and then today...another eye infection and "womanly" area issue. Sean and I woke up to her right eye, the same eye that and the infection and the tick, swollen and red and just making her miserable. So off she and I went this afternoon to her vet (thank GOD we recently switched vets from one that was 30 min away to one 5 min away). Sean is in Humboldt, CA this week, his first trip in 2 months (miss you honey!). I know know how my sister in law somewhat feels. It never fails whenever my brother leaves one of their 3 kids (or all 3 kids) some down with some illness. This evening I wiped my dog with a baby wipe (good thing we already had some :) ) and applied some cream "down there" to help with her infection. Then I squirted gew into her eye and then lastly....placed a cone around her head. Yes ladies and gents our poor princess has to wear a cone so she doesn't lick or scratched the infected areas. If you really want to feel sorry for her you can check out the picture (yes I am that mean) of her below. Isn't that the saddest face you have ever seen! Trust me the live version is much worse for she keeps running into things and scaring herself :(
Onto happier news. I had my 31 wk apt today. One lb weight gain in the last 3 weeks...whoo hoo!!!! I get a gold star :) Not only that but I am doing so well with my "diet" and blood readings for my gestational diabetes that my dr. said I am just on the boarder line that I don't have to test every day now and that I can have cheat days. I don't really feel the need for cheat days right now but I was given permission to go to the Melting Pot for my birthday in May :). I am turning 30 and obviously can't do anything spectacular so I told Sean awhile ago I wanted to go there for dinner and was sad when I was diagnosed and even that I couldn't do. Now I have the green light for chocolate fondue! :) Other then that Abi or my belly that is is measuring 32 weeks (one wk ahead) which is common with gestational diabetes. I had a nice talk with our Dr. about what her procedure is for patients with GD (I read scary stuff on the internet over the weekend and it freaked me out a bit). She said if anything she might induce me at 39 weeks. So we shall see...
I promise to post pics later this week from my shower (it was on the 16th which just so happen to be Sean's and my anniversary of our first date NINE years ago!!!) It was wonderful. My amazing friend Amber gave me my shower (Amber is also pregnant and 4 wks FARTHER along then me). Everything was great especially the company. Sue (Sean's mom), my mom (Dee) and my best friend Niki all flew up for it and better yet got to meet some of my amazing friends I have found here. It was the perfect day.
Other then that things are going well. I am definitely uncomfortable and work is getting harder sitting and being on the computer all day. Sleep is now something I dread as it is not comfortable and is usually accompanied by heartburn. But Abi is moving like crazy and even though it wakes me sometimes it is a feeling I love. She is getting big enough now that when she moves I can see my belly shift. I think it's cool, Sean thinks it's creepy :)

I hope you all had a Happy Easter and take care.

Love,
Rach

PS: here is Kearney with her cone :(

No comments: