Monday, October 27, 2008

Back Home

This past weekend Abigail and I traveled to CA to visit all of my family. I was a bit nervous to travel by myself with Abi, but she was so good for me. The only hiccup we had was the second, and I mean the second, we sat down in our seat on our flight there she did a number 2. It wasn't a blow out and I had no idea how I would changer her so I was a bad mommy and didn't (she feel asleep and slept the whole trip). Also it was my way of punishing the old lady sitting next to us for calling our sweet daughter a "that" when I asked her to please move for us to sit and she replied, "that too" pointing at Abi in a snarky voice.
We started off the weekend after getting our rental car by driving to meet by brother. He was leaving for the weekend for a bachelor party so unfortunately it was our one and only chance to see him. Then we went on to see Grandma and Papa. It was my dad's first time meeting Abigail, and Papa, being Papa, got a little teary eyed. Then we went to my brother and sister in laws house where we were staying for the weekend. Abigail's cousins were so excited to meet her. Her cousin CJ, our oldest nephew (soon to be 11!) was so great with her, always asking to hold her. Her cousin Ryan (5) even had a little doll made for her. Then my sister and her kids came over too. Again more happy faces. Our youngest nephew Jake (4) was great at entertaining her along with our oldest niece Lauren (9). Sam (7) and Kyle (6) thought she was cute but had better things to do :) typical considering they are both in 1st grade and I didn't really think they'd be that wowed by her. Sam was more concerned about why Kearney couldn't make the trip (our dog). Saturday, she attended her 1st soccer match cheering on both Sam and Kyle. That is where she meet her Uncle Rob too. Saturday my sister arranged a photo shoot for all the grand kids. It was so fun to watch. Sunday we ended our trip with a family breakfast before heading home to see Daddy who couldn't wait to get his arms around his little girl.
It was a great weekend, and Abi even learned something new, raspberries. Our youngest niece Ryan taught her, and she hasn't stopped!

No comments: