Somehow Abigail's most embarrassing moment thus far is also now one of Sean's and mine. Actually I hope this is Abigail's most embarrassing moment EVER. Tuesday was her swim lesson. It was so cute when we got there she started clapping. The three of us got in the water and Sean and Abi played a bit before class. Class started and Sean handed Abi to me for the 1st song. We were happily signing when I looked down and saw all these brown "flakes" in the water. Total panic set in. I rushed her over to the side of the pool and my fears were confirmed. Our sweet girl had just pooped in the pool. Sean came over to ask what I was doing and when I told him his reply was, "I will take her you tell the teacher". Thanks for throwing me under the bus hun! I told him no he could tell her and carried Abi (above water) out of the pool. Sean chickened out and said he "didn't want to interrupt her".
We did have her in a swim diaper and I did do a diaper check before she got it. But our girl is so petite she doesn't fill much out so there isn't a tight "seal". After getting her all cleaned up and changed Sean found the lifeguard to tell him. To my horror I looked over there "it" happened and an old man was lounging around. The lifeguard must have gone over and told him because he hightailed it out of there and to the men's locker room ( I am sure to shower!) I went and apologized to her teacher and then to the lifeguard who said "not a big deal, it happens all the time. Trust me you'd be surprised how often, I mean it, you'd be surprised." EWWWW. Worse yet, they just took the little skimmer to it and waved it around in the water a couple times. YUCK!
So our sweet girl now has a "reputation" in the pool. One of Sean's good friends said he hopes she doesn't make this a habit and like the nice warm water...ugg. However, my friend Amber told me about some reusable swim diapers she uses and loves so I am on the hunt for them today! Wish me luck :)
-Rach
17 years ago

1 comment:
What are these reusable swim diapers you speak of? Please share!
And it does happen all the time - in fact during our first swim class an older kid puked in the pool, resulting in everyone having to get out, ending class early. At least it wasn't a pool-clearing event!
Post a Comment