Friday, March 13, 2009

10 Months


I cannot believe our sweet Abigail is 10 months. This time last year I was picking up my mom and Niki from the airport, getting ready for my baby shower. And now, I am chasing after a 10 month old, cleaning the floors like made so she doesn't eat Kearney's fur or anything she bring into the house. This last month seemed to be another one of big changes for our little girl.
I would have laid money down that we would be watching Abi gum her first bite of cake. But what do you know she has TWO teeth. We discovered them at a Blazer game of all places! The guy sitting next to us was commenting that she was just chewing on everything and I said "Yeah, I think she is getting a tooth, but then again I have said that for months and still nothing. ha-ha" I then thought, huh I haven't checked yet today and stuck my finger in there and was shocked when I felt her tooth. First was her left bottom then about 2 days later her right bottom cut. I never knew teeth could make me so happy! :) But along with her teeth is her disdain for being fed. Wouldn't you know that this coincided with my break-down of buying some premade baby food, in bulk no less. I had been doing a pretty good job making all of her food but with work and such something had to give and I decided the food was it. But alas our little girl is, as her Great Grandpa Leo would say, "an independent" one, (or stubborn) and likes to feed herself. She will allow yogurt to be fed to her but just about everything else she either keeps her mouth shut, pushes out with her tongue or sticks her fingers in her mouth then straight to her air. It is lovely.

Abi also has a new mode of transportation...the "slither" has her Uncle Patrick calls it. She "crawls" on her forearms while dragging her legs behind her. It is pretty funny and shocking how fast she can move.

Abigail's vocabulary is growing. Not all of it is words mind you but she is constantly jabbering away. Her most common "word" is da-da. Ma-ma usually only makes an occurrence at night before bed when I have left for work and she is whining to Sean. We were very excited when Abigail started to sign. She only signs for milk, and at times for all done, but it is glorious to know when she is actually hungry.

We wrapped up Abigail's swim lessons this week. I am sad to see it end. They were so much fun and great family time. She got to cap off the lessons with a couple rides down the slide. Now, this is no wimpy pool slide. More like one you'd find at a water park. I am very happy to report neither Sean nor I submerged her under water upon entering the pool from the slide. (there were 3 people that did this and the kids had to be "rescued" by the instructor. They are all fine and didn't seemed phased at all)

I can't believe Abigail will be one in 2 short months. I have already begun the party planning :)

-Rachel, Sean and Abigail!

No comments: