
Today I am sad. The day is gloomy. It has been 5 years today since we lost Mike to pancreatic cancer. For those that don't know, Mike is Sean's dad. He was a wonderful man and someone that is missed from our lives daily. I remember a couple years ago someone at work loosing someone and my boss was telling them how it just takes time and it gets better and easier. She knew about how Sean's dad had passed away and turned to me and said "right?" And I said, "honestly, no. There isn't an occasion that passes that I don't wish he is there with us. But time does pass and it makes it easier to talk about them. It took us a good year before we could tell a 'Mike story' and laugh without it feeling wrong or weird." Sean asked me yesterday if having Abi in our lives makes me miss Mike even more. I told him yes, especially when something like her pooping in the pool happens, cause Mike would have thought that was hilarious!
Mike would have been an awesome Grandpa, and I know he would love Abigail. She had his hair. Mostly, it makes me sad that he can't be here to see want an incredible dad Sean is. I know he would be so proud of him. I know he is proud of him. But I still wish he could see it, and that Sean could. I am thankful though that Sean had such a good role model.
So many of my friends out there are runners/walkers and do races. I ask if you are looking for one that you check out http://www.tofightcancer.com/ and think about racing for cure for Pancreatic Cancer.
Today, hold your loved ones a little tighter and remember how lucky we are to have the people in our lives we do have, for life is SO short and you just have to treasure every second.

No comments:
Post a Comment