Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thankful, sorry need to gloat

I go on a couple "mom" message boards and I always read these post where the women just rail on their husbands. They say they don't help or they complain, or they won't babysit. First, "asking" your husband to "babysit" his own child is a huge pet peeve of mine. HE or SHE IS THEIR CHILD, IT IS NOT BABYSITTING! Don't get me wrong , if I wanted to do something I would ask Sean if he had plans. But if not then I'd say good, I am doing xyz and you can have Abi for the day. And Sean would be fine with that, heck I think he'd be thrilled that I am getting out of the house and he gets to play uninterrupted with Abi. I am thankful for the husband I have, I don't need reminders of how lucky I am, but when I read things like this, I does make me feel SO grateful that I have the husband I have and Abi has the father that she has. I know Sean does everything in his power for us. One of the best parts of my day is when Sean gets home from work. He is so excited to see me, Abi and Kearney (can't forget the dog! :) The one thing that has surprised me since having Abi is when Sean comes home. I fully expected and had no problem with Sean needing to have some down time when he came home. I thought he'd kiss us hello and head on downstairs for some "sean time", and then be with us. He works all day, like I said I had no problem with this. But it hasn't happened. Sean comes home and instantly wants to play with Abi. He usually gets on the ground and reads to her. It is the sweetest thing to watch. When he walks in the door and says hello she right away starts to scan the room looking for him and his loud voice.
Sorry, I just had to gloat about this for I know how lucky I am and think maybe I just don't tell Sean enough how much he is appreciated. We love you honey, and Abi and I would be lost without you.

No comments: