Friday, August 29, 2008

Offically Unemployed

I gave notice today. I am so thrilled and terrified all at the same time. This puts Sean and I in a bit of a pickle but when we looked at all of our options we both decided for the time being this is the best one. I was hoping to telecommute and have the best of both worlds. I talked this over with my boss and from a business standpoint everything she offered me was totally reasonable. I think I just wanted the perfect situation. So after meeting with her Sean and I again looked everything over. I would have to go into the office for a couple months and then possibly could work from home. But in those months leading up to working from home Abi would have to be in daycare. I have NOTHING against daycare. But with my current job, more money would go to daycare then I would bring home. That I have a problem with. I know it's not, but in my head I just feel like that is paying for someone to raise Abi for me.
In some ways this has been the hardest and easiest decision for us. Abigail is just amazing to me and I just couldn't fathom missing out on any time with her. She really is a great baby and I enjoy my time with her so much. She still loves to sleep in like her daddy so when she does wake up I get so excited to see her. She always greats me with a smile.
I am looking forward to whatever time I do have with her, helping her to grow and thrive. I know putting her in daycare might just be on the horizon, and hopefully we can find a place like my friends have where Sean and I will feel comfortable and Abi will be excited to go. But until then I am going to cherish every day I get with her and take them for the blessing they are.

No comments: